---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 16:35:00 -0500 (EST)
From: "Karen Pegnetter (UND)" <kpegnet1@helios.acomp.usf.edu>
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Overseas Librarian

From Randi Pegnetter, Eckerd College Library, <pegnetkr@acasun.eckerd.edu>
<kpegnet1@helios.acomp.usf.edu>:
To answer Paula"s request, I have been working overseas as a
school librarian for ten years, first in Venezuela and then in Switzerland
for the past seven years.  The international schools really need good
librarians.  You need to get in contact with the International Schools
Services(ISS), who sponsor up to four recruiting conferences per year, in
different cities in the US.  They will tell you how to register for a
conference and let you know when and where they are happening.  The
ECIS(European Council of Independent Schools) also sponsors a big
recruiting conference in London every late January or early
February(probably going on right now), where most European Admins go, also
admins from Asia, Middle East, Africa. This conference kicks off the
recruiting season.  There are also other organizations that provide
contacts- Search Associates, the University of Northern Iowa Overseas
Recruiting Conference, and others.  Many schools in Europe don't pay too
well- they can always find people who want to work in Europe(like you!),
but the experience is great- small schools, great students.  Let me know
if I can help you out in any way. By the way, your E-Mail address is
really strange- what is the symbol after the second "s". I tried to E-Mail
you direct bur it got sent back.
Randi Pegnetter<pegnetkr@acasun.eckerd.edu>

listserv@listserv.syr.edu In the message write EITHER
    NOTE: Please allow time for confirmation from Listserv.
For more help see LM_NET On The Web: http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/