              brunell@interaccess.com
From: aanderson@lakes.ring.com

 If you like Christopher Pike you might also like these authors. . .
Nicholas Adams
Joan Aiken
Mickey Alman
D.E. Athkins
Avi
A. Bates
Jay Benett
Caroline B. cooneyh
Richie Tankersley cusick
Nicole Davidson
Peter Dickinson
Lois Duncan
Carol Ellis
Eileen goudge
Jeff Hammer
Diane Hoh
Welwyn Wilton Katz
Joseph Locke
Jaon Lowry Nixon
Richard Peck
P. J. Peterson
William Seator
Barbara Steiner
RL Stine
Rosemary Wells
Robert Westall
Phyllis A. Whitney

>From a library bookmark. (Young Adult Services, Wayne Oakland Library
Federation)
From: Bob and Laurie Carter <lcarter@woodside.k12.ca.us>

I'm at home and don't have a list like this, but if someone does, be
sure we all get it.  There may be something in the archives, it does sound
slightly familiar from this list in the last year.  I know there was
something like On beyond goosebumps.
"A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose."
Laurie Carter, Library Media Teacher
Woodside Elementary School              3195 Woodside Rd. Woodside, CA 94062
415 851-1571            fax 851-5577            lcarter@woodside.k12.ca.us

From: Mary Ferland <m_ferland@conknet.com>

There is a useful publication called "What Else Should I Read: Guiding Kids
to Good Books" by Matt Berman/ Libraries Unlimited 1995/ISBN 1-56308-241-1.
It would help in this situation, but weaves titles mostly by theme.

Mary Ferland, Kearsarge Regional Middle School, New London, NH 03257
From: Cathy Johnson <cjohnso@muse.sfusd.k12.ca.us>

        Gale Research Inc., has two reference books that deal with just
that issue.  I have 1 called What to young adults read next?  There is also
one for children but I'm not sure of it's exact name.  These are quite
expensive but I have found that it is a very good resource.

Cathy Johnson, Librarian
Horace Mann Middle School
3351 23rd St.
San Francisco,  CA  94110
(415) 695-5881
From: Badger <badger@job.careernet.org>
To: pbarto@UDel.Edu

I would be interested in any responses you got to your question.  Please
forward them to  me.  Thank you.
From: Sarah Lantz <sarahl@ccpl.carr.lib.md.us>

As soon as I saw you request for book links I knew I had seen a site
*somewhere* that offered just that.  Just found the site again tonight;
you might want to take a look.  Hope it gives you what you need!

http://madison.ssd.k12.wa.us/CHAMBERS/lists.htm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
From: Sarah Lantz <sarahl@ccpl.carr.lib.md.us>

Well, actually....when I went back and checked the site closer, it isn't
all that great:(  It does have a few lists to a few other books but not
like I remembered.  Maybe I'm still thinking of a different site; maybe
I'll even find it again some day and will send it to you if I do.  I can't
believe I didn't bookmark it!  So...if your browser isn't up to snuff
don't feel like you're missing a whole lot!  Sorry to get your hopes up.

Sally Lantz
sarahl@ccpl.carr.lib.md.us
From: CRSUPCO@aol.com

What about books by Walt Morey and Jack London.

LM_NET Archive Home