Announcing the newly revised Booktalks -- Quick and Simple.  Over 10,000
visitors have used the Booktalks site in the past six months.  It now
contains about 500 ready-to-use booktalks.  Thank you for your kind words of
appreciation.  It keeps me going.

Many of you have contributed booktalks or made suggestions for improving the
site.  In response to suggestions and to help with the maintainance of an
ever growing resource, I have made some changes for 1998.  One change is the
addition of a "new to the site" page.  I started this for the month of
December and will continue to maintain a monthly new acquisitions page.

I am no longer maintaining two separate databases -- one by title and one by
author.  The booktalks themselves are in author order.  There are indexes by
author, title, subject and a new index by interest level.  The subject index
has been split up to allow quicker access.  We are still working on keyword
seaching and hope to introduce that sometime this year.

Many of you have asked about bibliographical information, purchase
availability and reviews.  I can't do it all but I'm happy to report that I
have teamed up with Amazon.com to allow you to access their catalog directly
from the Booktalks site.  In the Amazon.com catalog, you'll find
bibliograhical information and reviews. If you choose to purchase the book,
Amazon.com will credit me :-)  There is a link from most booktalks to the
Amazon.com catalog.  There are only about a dozen booktalks that do not have
links to Amazon.com.

As always, I ask any of you who would like, to contribute a booktalk or two.
If each member of the list contributes even just one, imagine what an
incredible resource we'd have!

Happy booktalking and best wishes for a great 1998!

Nancy Keane
Nancy J. Keane                  voice:  603-225-0862
Rundlett Middle School          fax:    603-226-3288
144 South Street                email: nancy.keane@rundlett.concord.k12.nh.us
Concord, New Hampshire 03301    http://www.concord.k12.nh.us/schools/rundlett/
Booktalks http://www.concord.k12.nh.us/schools/rundlett/booktalks
NHEMA (Vice President)  http://www.nhptv.org/kn/nhema
                "Do the best you can and maintain a sense of humor."

listserv@listserv.syr.edu In the message write EITHER
    NOTE: Please allow time for confirmation from Listserv.
For more help see LM_NET On The Web: http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/