We in the Professional Library (the library that does two jobs: provides
materials to supplement those found in the schoollibraries AND provides
curricular, professional development materials for teachers and
administrators)  is faced with
(1) possible outright closure, or,
(2) move out of the central administrative building, which was built some
time about especially to house certain district wide programs, such as the
computer guys, purchasing, mail & delivery service, library services,
audiovisual library, professional library, nutritional services, etc.

We are being told that the move out is to "increase the density of use of
the facility" whatever that means!

What I would like to hear form you is strong ideas in support of the
continued existence of the Professional Library in its present central
location and not relegated out to some remodeled suite of classrooms in an
unused wing of a school.  If you've got a professional library in your
district, let me know why it is essential to your teachers and
adminsitrators.  If you wish you had one, lelt me know why!

And many, many thanks for this and for all the help I've gleaned from the
list over the past few years.

Edith M. Fuller
Librarian, Professional Library
P.O.Box 3107