Dear Colleagues,
     Sad, sad day at work today  -- our bar code scanner died.  Hadn't
realized how much a part of things it had become until it wasn't there.  So
now we have a problem -- how to replace the unit.
     We use Follett's Unison system so my first call was to them.  (The late
bar code scanner was from Follett, too.)  I was stunned by the price of a
replacement unit.  I remembered seeing them in different catalogs and journals
so I asked Follett about using one from a different source.  In so many words,
I heard that that probably wouldn't work.
     My question, therefore, is this:  has anyone using Follett had to replace
a bar code scanner?  If so, would you share your replacement story with me?
What did you wind up buying, where did you source it, and is it working for
you?
     I've searched the Archives but didn't come up with any information there
so I hope someone out there who has had this happen is listening.  Sure would
appreciate information as soon as possible since funds are getting more scarce
by the day, and I have to move quickly or possibly have to wait till
September. TIA!

Kate Brown, Media Director
Westport (MA) Middle School
LaBookWorm@aol.com