Happy Saturday.

We will begin revamping our school to a "School to Work" academy model
beginning in Sep. 1998.

Just wondering how many other schools follow such a model and if there
is anything you'd care to share about how such an academy functions. Or
resources you've found helpful.  Of course, I'm particularly interested
on how the LMC functions in such a setting, but structure, courses
offered, requirements, etc. would also be helpful.

We're planning on 6 academies:  Sci/Health related careers, Perf/Fine
Arts, Tech/Business, Goverment (inc. law, teaching, etc), Academic/TAG,
and (the 6th escapes me for the moment).  Each academy will have 3
"strands" - 1. those students who will enter job market direct from HS,
2. those students who will go on to some type of tech. training, 3.
those students who will go to four year college.

Right now I'm interested in general info...I think I finally convinced
someone that, if we're planning new curriculum, I belong on the
development committee :-)

If you have anything to share or would be willing to be "on call" to
help with questions that might come up, please e-mail me.

Thanks for any and all assistance...your input always helps me keep an
open mind on things, helps keep things in perspective and/or validates
opinions that I already have.  You are all great to have virtually "on
staff"

Regards,

Julie
--