Dear Everyone:
I may be opening a can of worms with this one, but here goes...   :-)

I'm working on creating my library web page and want to include some good
solid reference sites. I have a gazillion sites saved, from the obscure to
some of the more obvious, and still I find myself amazed at all the "good
stuff" I didn't know was out there! For example the CIA World Fact Book
site--I must have been under a rock to miss that one until now! Perfect for
those (ahem) wonderful country reports.

(By the way I made one of my teachers, who loves to do those reports,
change her kids' research to from the traditional 'where and what' to a
compare/contrast assignment. They're doing a spreadsheet to compare certain
statistics and country information between 3 different encyclopedia sources
and the CIA site. Now she still gets to do her favorite assignment, but now
she has incorporated the Internet, spreadsheet construction, and
compare/contrast thinking. If only I could get her to follow it with a
short written prediction of future trends...hmmmm..)

But I digress! I am requesting that you send me one, yes--ONE, web site
that you think has great, superb, wonderful information that you point your
students toward when they have to find information. It can be a website for
general reference, or one that is used for a specific subject area.

I will compile a hit, but you only have until Saturday to mail me your
favorite! A girls' gotta have her limits! :-)

Barb
Barbara Johnson, Librarian
Albright Middle School
Houston, Texas 77083