Dear folks,
        Please stop by my web page (www.birchlane.davis.ca.us) to see a
research project that has just been posted (please excuse the dust, we are
still under construction). The project, which is listed on the main school
page is entitled "A Virtual Tour of Historic Davis." This research project
was done by a 3rd grade class on the history of our town. When you first
enter the project site, it asks you to "click here" if you haven't used the
site before. This gives you the opportunity to download video and audio
drivers which you need to get the "full effect".
        I would like to thank Peter Milbury, Jamie MacKenzie, Mike Eisenberg
and Bob Berkowitz for their help (even tho' they may not be aware they gave
me any!)  Thank you, Peter, for your enthusiasm in having students use
original, primary sources for historical research. You made me believe that
even third graders could do it.  Thank you Jamie for providing a wonderful
collection of virtual museums for my students to tour and to get ideas on
how they would like to set up their project.(See Jamie's site at
http://www.bham.wednet.edu/bpsmuse.htm) Thank you Mike and Bob for the
BigSix. None of this research would have happened without that "skeleton" on
which to build.
        There is a venue for contacting the class via email with you
comments. We'd love to hear what you think. (We are still catching the
typos, but if you see any glaring errors, please email those comments to me
rather than the children). Enjoy!
______________________________________
Jamie Murphy Boston, Librarian
A KidsConnect Volunteer