Well I really hate to ask this, but I need help.  I have been searching
for hours and am not having any luck.  The senior Eng. teacher brought
me several papers that she thinks are plagiarised.  I do not have
Encarta so I can't check that.  I have looked at numerous sites and
don't know where else to look.  I will give the title and first line or
two and if anyone can help, I would be verrry grateful.
By the way I showed her the email from yesterday on suggestions to stop
quite a bit of this (by having students write in class, mainly) and she
tries, believe me!

"A Summer Night's Dream of Truth"
    Once upon a time, when the Earth was in full flourishment, and the
idea of good and evil was still new, and unexplored; layed a land,
formed by the sweat of those who worked it.  This is where our tale
begins, with but one simple worker, who layed his path unlike any of
those who came before him.  Let us look in, shall we?

The Tommyknockers
    Perhaps King's most political novel (outdistancing even Firestarter
and The Dead Zone), The Tommyknockers is also King's least regarded
novel.  At times it is smart and scary, but too often it is a large,
rambling, wordy experience, suffering greatly at the hands of its page
count.

"Excelsior"
    Longfellow's "Excelsior" seems to convey the idea that if someone is
dedicated enough in the pursuit of his goals, he will let nothing stand
in his way of achieving them.  Many times this path is not easy and is
full of hardships.  As people chase their dreams, they are often lead
astray by temptations.

    The Glass Menagerie was one of the fewest short stories that I have
read and understood.  The author, Tennessee Williams, was practically
unknown until the Glass Menagerie opened up in the spring of 1945.
        The play begins with a brief, lively scene of exposition.  The
first scene introduces us the family and we know them instantly.  The
long-suffering mother lives in the past and manages her son and daughter
as if they were still children.  The artistic son lavors at a menial and
unappealing job.

Romeo and Juliet
    This essay explores how Shakespeare structured this story and
brought it to life.  Romeo and Juliet opens with a prologue announcing
the story's star-crossed young lovers will die and their deaths
reconcile their warring clans.  Shakespeare opens his story by boldly
announcing the climax of its plot.  How can he get away with this?

    Knowing a little bit about Grisham's previous works---"A Time to
Kill", "The Firm," "The Pelican Brief," "The Client," and "The Chamber"
we might reasonably expect a compelling story that has something to do
with the law and lawyers.  We quickly learn that in the inner circles of
the legal profession, a "rainmaker" is an attorney who makes things
happen by bringing in clients and big cases.
    Our unlikely would-be rainmaker is a third year law student named
Rudy Baylor.  Rudy is a typical struggling law student whose prior
history is marred by a failed and costly love affair and whose present
is filled with dreams of the good life after law school.

thanks to any one of you for help on this - I am going to look at book
jackets if I can find them - we don't keep them on our books.

TIA again,

Linda Smith, Librarian
Clinton High School
Clinton, OK