Amazing Bone, the, by Steig
Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree, The
Berenstain Bears In the Dark, The
Big Pumpkin (Silverman),
Bimwili and the Zimwi, Aardema
Bony legs by Joanna Cole
Boy and the Ghost by Robert San Souci
Critters of the Night by  Erica Farber (series, chapter books)
Dancing skeleton by DeFelice
Dark at the Top of the Stairs, The, by R. Brown
Diane Goode's book of scary stories (story collection)
Do Not Open by Brinton Turkle
EEK!  Stories to Make You Shriek , by Jane O'Connor (All Aboard Reading)
EEK!  Stories to Make You Shriek series
        Bad luck penny, Jane O'Connor
        Bug off! by Jennifer Dussling
        Creep show, by Jennifer Dussling
        Fly Trap, by Dina Anastasio
        Haunted Bike, by Gail Herman
        Mummy's Gold, Kate McMullan
        Very Strange Dollhouse, a, by Jennifer Dussling
        Wax museum, the, by Devra Speregan
Esteban and the Ghost by Sibyl Hancock
Funny Little Woman (Japanese tale)
Funnybones series by Ahlberg.  Includes Skeleton Crew and others. A family
        of skeletons that has mildly scary adventures.
Ghost-Eye Tree, The, by Bill Martin.
Ghosts! Ghostly tales from folklore, by Schwartz
Go Away, Big Green Monster (Emberley),
Golem by David Wesniewski
Harold and Chester and the fright before Christmas, James Howe
Harold and Chester scared silly, James Howe
Harry and the Terrible Whatzit, Harry Gackenback
Herschel and the Hannukah Goblins by Eric Kimmel
Hildilid's Night
Hobyahs by Robert San Souci
House That Drac Built, The, by Sierra
I Spy Spooky Night by Jean Marzallo and Walter Wick
I'm Coming to Get You by Tony Ross.
In a Dark Dark Room and Other Scary Stories by Alvin Schwartz
In the Haunted House & Scary, Scary Halloween (Bunting),
Lindgren--The Tomten
Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything, The, Williams
Liza Lou and the Yeller Belly Swamp by Mercer Mayer
Monster Mama (?),
Mrs Beggs and the wizard by Mercer Mayer
Night of the gargoyles, Eve Bunting
Patrick's Dinosaurs & Whatever Happened to Patrick's Dinosaurs? (Carrick
Scary Book, The,  by Joanna Cole
Scary, Scary Halloween by Eve Bunting
Soup Bone, The, (Johnston),
Tailypo, The, by Joanna Galdone.
Teeny Tiny Woman, The, by Paul Galdone
There's a dragon in my sleeping bag,  James Howe
There's a monster under my bed, by James Howe
There's a Nightmare in my Closet, Mercer Mayer
There's Something in the Attic, by Mercer Mayer
Tony Johnston--The Soup Bone
Very Scary Haunted House,
Very Scary Jack-O-Lantern,
Very Scary Witch Story,(series by Scholastic)
What's Under My Bed, James Stevenson
Where the Wild Things Are, Sendak
Wiley and the Hairy Man by Judy Sierra
Witch Poems (poetry, pictures by Hyman),
Witch's Hand, The,
Zerelda's Ogre-Tomi Ungerer

Another idea, set up a "publishing" station and encourage children to write
and illustrate their own short stories.  Include clip-art, glue sticks,
etc.  Then if you have one of those binding machines, da-dum!  The very
good ones I give bar codes to and allow other students to check them out.

Johanna Halbeisen
Woodland Elementary School (preK-4)
80 Powder Mill Rd.
Southwick, MA 01077