I am posting this with the permission of the LM_NET moderators.

Hi everyone:
     The first annual Jewish Community Book Fair and Art Festival will be held
on Sunday, Nov. 8, 1998, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.in Crozier Williams, on
the Connecticut College campus in New London.  Approximately 400 diffferent
Judaic book titles will be available for purchase in all categories for all
ages, and Judaic-inspired artwork by local  artisans will also be available.

In addition, there will be ongoing presentations suited for all ages..

             At 9:30 a.m. Rabbi Norbert Weinberg of the Brothers of Joseph
Synagogue in Norwich will speak to a general audience on  "A Story is Worth a
Thousand Thoughts."

At 10:30 a.m. Paula Feder will discuss for adults, "The History of Jewish
Children's Books."  Ms. Feder is the author of THE FEATHER-BED JOURNEY, which
is a child's introduction to the Holocaust.

At 1:30 p.m., Mordicai Gerstein will delight  children and adults alike.  Mr.
Gerstein is a painter, sculptor, director of animation, film maker, author and
illustrator.  He will speak about the Bible and his new series of children's
books based on the Midrash. He is the author of JONAH AND THE TWO GREAT FISH.
His next book on Noah will be released this winter.  Mr. Gerstein is also the
author of ARNOLD OF THE DUCKS, which was one of the School Library Journal's
Best Books of 1983.  This wonderful story was animated as part of CBS
Playhouse and is available on video.  In 1987 his MOUNTAINS OF TIBET, was one
of the New York Times 10  Best Illustrated Books.  In addition, Mr. Gerstein
is known  for   his  many   illustrations   in   the   series   of  books,
SOMETHING QUEER ABOUT.....

             At  3:30 p.m.,  the  Mythmakers  will perform Jewish Folk
T ales with Klezmer music suitable for all ages.  The duo of Gerald Fierst and
Richard Stillman will share stories and music and involve the audience in
their  presentation.

  There will also be an art exhibit by local children of all ages, entitled,
"My Favorite Jewish Holiday".  Kosher pastries and drinks will be available
for purchase.  There will be no admission to any of the events scheduled for
the day.

For more information please contacts, Jewish Family Service at  860-444-6333
or 1-800-220-9929.

(I will be in attendance alllllllllllllllllll day;  if you feel like saying
hi, please do..we are offering local libraries a 5% discounts, and I will be
glad to do the same for YOU!!!)

Nadine Lipman, School Librarian    (Wearing one of my many other hats...!!)
CTlipz01@aol.com
Cohanzie Elementary School
Waterford, CT