I have no shortage of business this year, but I did create something this
summer that might help.  (I haven't even had a chance to use it yet).
It really helps if your principal is with you, and if you have flexible
scheduling.  I made a list (which I can send you if you are interested) of
all the skills I could think of which I "teach" in the course of what used
to be my regular library classes.  That was before we decided to integrate
all library research skills and tech skills into the subject areas.  I
listed basic searching skills (whatever they need to make best use of the
catalog),divergent thinking skills,notetaking, evaluative, critical
thinking skills, etc. I put
them on a chart with columns to the right for 6,7,and 8.  The teachers
were
to go down the list and check off anything they teach or would like to
teach. I introduced the chart by saying I suspected that many of the
things they taught overlapped the things I taught, perhaps in a different
context.I told them I could help teach these skills. For
the teachers who actually saw the list this year, it reminded them that
virtually everything they do can be reinforced in the library.

Maureen S. Irwin          **Any book you have not read is a new book ;)**
Middle School Librarian
Roland Park Country School
Baltimore, MD  21010
irwinm@rpcs.pvt.k12.md.us      or  msirwin@umd5.umd.edu (for listserv)