My principal asked me what I thought.  I said that I would like a little time
to think this through, and so that I could contact my colleagues to get some
information on how other schools handle this issue.  I have heard from other
schools in Vermont, but would like to hear more.  Many of the schools I have
heard from say that teachers have keys that open the library any time they
want to use it.  Very few problems have been noted.  A clipboard is left on
the circ desk in most situations so that teachers can record barcodes and/or
titles...or sign-out cards are left on a pile, or materials are left in a pile
with a note so that the librarian can sign things out on Monday morning.

I understand the frustration of teachers...our library is open till 4:30 two
days a week, but sometimes that doesn't meet the needs of everyone.  I am
thrilled to have teachers wanting to use our collection when they plan
lessons...

I welcome any feedback you could provide...and am very thankful to have this
means to contact all of you!  Thank you!

Chris Morgan, Librarian
Bristol Elementary School, Bristol,VT
cam524@aol.com