These are the only messages received in response to a request for
examples of cross-curricular projects. I am still interested in
this topic!

We have had some really interesting things go on; the music
composition students composed music to some art students designs
which were put on video by the multi-media class. I've had video
students make how-to videos for PE and health classes. Our health
classes currently do a big assignment which involves locating
magazine articles on a health topic of their choice and
synthesizing the information into a report, powerpoint presentation
or video. They use the library weekly. And we give instruction on
locating magazine articles on the EBSCO database CD, using indexes,
the internet and just browsing the print magazines. The science
teachers have "reading circles" where students read science related
fiction or non-fiction (ie Jurassic Park, The Hot Zone, etc) and
discuss their books and the science concepts in them.
Alice O'Grady, Librarian
H M Jackson High School
Mill Creek WA
HSimpson13@aol.com
Alice_O'Grady@everett.wednet.edu
We work with the 9th grade science dept. on a biomes Report of
Information. Science staff assign a biome to a student, the
students to research (I teach notetaking), and the English 9
teachers show them how to write up their report from the notes.  We
do the same for U.S. History using a controversial issue as the
writing assignment--do you agree with the U.S. policy of Japanese
Internment during WWII?   We do an observation writing with the
World Cultures teachers on Renaissance artists.  The English
teachers teach the student how to write the various papers, the
social studies dept. is in charge of content and visits to the
library.  We are VERY busy in our library.  History Day projects
were also researched in our library using note cards.
Let me know if you want more information.
Carol Lopez Doerksen
Library Media Teacher, Reedley High School
Reedley, CA  93654
cdoerksen@telis.org
--

Tenny Feltmeyer