Dear Friends,
         I am moderating a new web conference which was established as
part of a grant project to train secondary (also middle) teachers and
public librarians in search techniques and use of education software.
If you would like to join and post a message, I'd be grateful for any
input on things like your favorite web sites, really good
education/library software, tips for teachers on using up-to-date
library tools, and, especially, good collaborative projects.  The
project was begun in Illinois, but anyone may join, and we would
especially like to hear from people in neighboring states.
          We would also appreciate your telling teachers about this
site, if you know people who might be interested in this kind of
exchange of ideas about searching and education technology.  The
conference is called Blackburn InfoNet and its URL is
info.blackburn.edu
            Incidentally, the conference will not fill up your mailbox.
It does not post messages directly to anyone.  The web conference is a
little like listserv software in allowing members to post messages to
the group and receive replies either privately or to the group.  It does
not, however, send postings directly to members' email addresses.
Unlike listserv,  it does keep all replies to a topic grouped together.
        Your comments and suggestions to me as moderator would be
gratefully received.
Many thanks in advance.

--
Marilyn Barnes, Ph.D.
Library Technology Coordinator

To quit LM_NET (or set-reset NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send email to