--------------E115DCAB850DB9E4457A5B53

This message is for my LM_Net colleagues working in schools in Mexico,
or for anyone who was educated in Mexico and has first-hand experience
with the schools there.  As part of my doctoral studies, I am taking a
Virtual International Studies class.  My group highlights your country,
Mexico.  We have comprised a list of questions which we hope to answer
as part of our study.  The list is quite lengthy, and I would not
presume to ask anyone to answer all questions.  If, however, you could
answer responses to any of them, we would be most grateful.  I have told
my fellow students about the wonderful sharing demonstrated in this
group and hope to be able to bring to our studies input from LM_Net.
Again, answers to any questions at all would be greatly appreciated, and
thanks in advance!

Curriculum
1) How would your educational system define "curriculum"?
2) Do all children have the same opportunities with regard to the
educational system's curriculum plan?
3)Is a national curriculum the standard for determining what is taught?
4)If a national curriculum is in place, how broadly or finitely does it
define or frame what is taught?

Technology
1) What hardware and software are available in the school and/or
classroom?
2) What is technology's role in your educational system?
3) To what degree has the educational system become dependent on
technology in terms of a)research tools, b) instructional tools, c)
tutorial devices, d) global connecting tools?
4) Can you speak to the pervasiveness of technology within household
across your country? Would you say that computer technology will surpass
radio and television technology in your country?

Educational Philosophy/Mission
1) Please relate your district's mission statement with regard to
student learning.
2) What is the most essential component in your district's mission
statement and why?

Assessment
1) What tools are used to assess daily student learning?
2) Is national testing implemented to assess what the student has
learned and the progress made during the school year? If so, when is
this type of testing employed? How is this data used?
3) Is a grading system employed to document the student's progress? If
so, what type of system is utilized?
4) What do you perceive as the primary advantages and disadvantages of
your current student assessment system?

Teacher Preparation
1) What process is implemented to evaluate/assess your teachers for
professional growth?
2) What type of field experience does the university implement prior to
a prospective teacher's graduation and actual teaching?

Staff Development
1) Explain the district's philosophy of teacher professional growth.
2) What role does your system employ with regard to supporting ongoing
professional development of the teachers, administrators and staff?
3) Does your educational system implement a teacher assessment plan? If
so, what traits distinguish this plan?

Extra Curricular
1) Are extra-curricular activities encouraged by the educational system
and what role do these activities play during the actual school day?

Support Services
1) What role (if any) do the community, businesses and parents play in
your educational system?
2) What is the importance/role of libraries and librarians in schools?
3) Do the schools' roles encompass more than academics (such as health,
nutrition and safety)?

Demographics
1) Describe the demographics of your institution?
2) How are the "special needs" students addressed with regard to school?

School Organization
1) Within the school organization, what grade configurations are used
for each campus?
2) With regard to school hierarchy, are daily decisions and policies
developed and implemented by the individual campus?

Thanks again for even reading this long list, and for your
response!--Mary Ann

***?***?***?***?***?***?***?***?***
“Try curiosity.”--Dorothy Parker
***?***?***?***?***?***?***?***?***
Mary Ann Bell, Librarian
York Junior High School
Conroe ISD, TX
mbell@main.com
mbell@conroe.isd.tenet.edu

--------------E115DCAB850DB9E4457A5B53

<HTML>

<P>This message is for my LM_Net colleagues working in schools in Mexico,
or for anyone who was educated in Mexico and has first-hand experience
with the schools there.&nbsp; As part of my doctoral studies, I am taking
a Virtual International Studies class.&nbsp; My group highlights your country,
Mexico.&nbsp; We have comprised a list of questions which we hope to answer
as part of our study.&nbsp; The list is quite lengthy, and I would not
presume to ask anyone to answer all questions.&nbsp; If, however, you could
answer responses to any of them, we would be most grateful.&nbsp; I have
told my fellow students about the wonderful sharing demonstrated in this
group and hope to be able to bring to our studies input from LM_Net.&nbsp;
Again, answers to any questions at all would be greatly appreciated, and
thanks in advance!

<P><B>Curriculum</B>
<BR>1) How would your educational system define "curriculum"?
<BR>2) Do all children have the same opportunities with regard to the educational
system's curriculum plan?
<BR>3)Is a national curriculum the standard for determining what is taught?
<BR>4)If a national curriculum is in place, how broadly or finitely does
it define or frame what is taught?

<P><B>Technology</B>
<BR>1) What hardware and software are available in the school and/or classroom?
<BR>2) What is technology's role in your educational system?
<BR>3) To what degree has the educational system become dependent on technology
in terms of a)research tools, b) instructional tools, c) tutorial devices,
d) global connecting tools?
<BR>4) Can you speak to the pervasiveness of technology within household
across your country? Would you say that computer technology will surpass
radio and television technology in your country?

<P><B>Educational Philosophy/Mission</B>
<BR>1) Please relate your district's mission statement with regard to student
learning.
<BR>2) What is the most essential component in your district's mission
statement and why?

<P><B>Assessment</B>
<BR>1) What tools are used to assess daily student learning?
<BR>2) Is national testing implemented to assess what the student has learned
and the progress made during the school year? If so, when is this type
of testing employed? How is this data used?
<BR>3) Is a grading system employed to document the student's progress?
If so, what type of system is utilized?
<BR>4) What do you perceive as the primary advantages and disadvantages
of your current student assessment system?

<P><B>Teacher Preparation</B>
<BR>1) What process is implemented to evaluate/assess your teachers for
professional growth?
<BR>2) What type of field experience does the university implement prior
to a prospective teacher's graduation and actual teaching?

<P><B>Staff Development</B>
<BR>1) Explain the district's philosophy of teacher professional growth.
<BR>2) What role does your system employ with regard to supporting ongoing
professional development of the teachers, administrators and staff?
<BR>3) Does your educational system implement a teacher assessment plan?
If so, what traits distinguish this plan?

<P><B>Extra Curricular</B>
<BR>1) Are extra-curricular activities encouraged by the educational system
and what role do these activities play during the actual school day?

<P><B>Support Services</B>
<BR>1) What role (if any) do the community, businesses and parents play
in your educational system?
<BR>2) What is the importance/role of libraries and librarians in schools?
<BR>3) Do the schools' roles encompass more than academics (such as health,
nutrition and safety)?

<P><B>Demographics</B>
<BR>1) Describe the demographics of your institution?
<BR>2) How are the "special needs" students addressed with regard to school?

<P><B>School Organization</B>
<BR>1) Within the school organization, what grade configurations are used
for each campus?
<BR>2) With regard to school hierarchy, are daily decisions and policies
developed and implemented by the individual campus?

<P>Thanks again for even reading this long list, and for your response!--Mary
Ann

<P>***?***?***?***?***?***?***?***?***
<BR>“Try curiosity.”--Dorothy Parker
<BR>Mary Ann Bell, Librarian
<BR>York Junior High School
<BR>Conroe ISD, TX
<BR>mbell@main.com
<BR>mbell@conroe.isd.tenet.edu
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------E115DCAB850DB9E4457A5B53--

To quit LM_NET (or set-reset NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send email to