--------------FF067D32A22C1B7F12270568

Here's the responses I got to my query:

     My tech committee and I have come to the conclusion that the
     tv-based
     computer projection devices just don't adequately meet our
     needs, so we
     want to purchase a multimedia projector. We're interested in
     the
     clearest picture possible and none of us are enthused about
     teaching in
     the dark.

     What are your recommendations? WE have @ 3000 to spend, maybe
     a little
     more, hopefully we can get by with less.

Thanks as usual for your help!

Sandra Parks
Harrionsburg High School
395 S. High St.
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
sparks@rica.net

****************************
Have you checked into Boxlights.  I think they are aboslutely wonderful.

We had been using a video projector and this spring got a new boxlight
projector, it is so clear and can be seen without having turn off the
lights.

We have two projectors, one by Panasonic and the other by Infocus that
are great.  The Panasonic is the newer of the two and
less expensive.  I've been really impressed.

Sandra -- We love the Sharp multimedia projector we purchased a year
ago.
The price then was $2950, but they were in BIG demand and I understood
that the price was going up.  It has very good resolution and is easy to

use.  Writing from home, so I don't have the model number for you.

We have the INfocus projector and love it.  You can hook up a
computer, laserdisc or VCR.  Great sound and picture.  You
can find information about them on the web.
-------------------------------------

We are using both Eiki and In Focus projectors and are satisfied with
each.  They fall within your price range.
--

I just purchased one, but last year's price was about $4,200.  They
should

have it handy because the equipment was purchased for me through another

department.  We are really happy with it.

I would suggest nothing less than 500 lumens - polysilicon technology.
Check out the 600 X 800 display, etc.  If you need more information, I
can
get it.

I would assume the price has gone down some.

Sandy,
I would highly recommend a Sharp projector.  You can leave the lights on

and the pixel ratio is great!  They have one for about $3000.

Ask your favorite AV equipment sales rep to bring several makes/models
your school and do a demo!!!   Invite the teachers, administrators,
whoever would use the projector.   Let them play with it and vote on
their favorite.

My personal favorites (what I buy) are the Eiki machines.   The LC-4300
would probably be in your price range.   Really easy to operate, sharp
picture, sharp sound, hooks up to PC/Mac/laptop/VCR.    VERY reliable!!!

 Easily serves a room of 40 seats (and we've used it successfully in
larger rooms).   I have 2 LC-4300 and we and our faculty love them!  (I
am now buying the next model up the line - can't remember the model
number, but it's SVGA compatible.)

Hope this helps!

--------------FF067D32A22C1B7F12270568

<HTML>
&nbsp;
<BR>Here's the responses I got to my query:
<BLOCKQUOTE>&nbsp;
<BR>My tech committee and I have come to the conclusion that the tv-based
<BR>computer projection devices just don't adequately meet our needs, so
we
<BR>want to purchase a multimedia projector. We're interested in the
<BR>clearest picture possible and none of us are enthused about teaching
in
<BR>the dark.
<P>What are your recommendations? WE have @ 3000 to spend, maybe a little
<BR>more, hopefully we can get by with less.</BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks as usual for your help!
<P>Sandra Parks
<BR>Harrionsburg High School
<BR>395 S. High St.
<BR>Harrisonburg, VA 22801
<BR>sparks@rica.net
<P>****************************
<BR>Have you checked into Boxlights.&nbsp; I think they are aboslutely
wonderful.
<BR>We had been using a video projector and this spring got a new boxlight
<BR>projector, it is so clear and can be seen without having turn off the
<BR>lights.
<P>We have two projectors, one by Panasonic and the other by Infocus that
are great.&nbsp; The Panasonic is the newer of the two and
<BR>less expensive.&nbsp; I've been really impressed.
<P>Sandra -- We love the Sharp multimedia projector we purchased a year
ago.
<BR>The price then was $2950, but they were in BIG demand and I understood
<BR>that the price was going up.&nbsp; It has very good resolution and
is easy to
<BR>use.&nbsp; Writing from home, so I don't have the model number for
you.
<BR>&nbsp;
<P>We have the INfocus projector and love it.&nbsp; You can hook up a
<BR>computer, laserdisc or VCR.&nbsp; Great sound and picture.&nbsp; You
<BR>can find information about them on the web.
<BR>-------------------------------------
<P>We are using both Eiki and In Focus projectors and are satisfied with
<BR>each.&nbsp; They fall within your price range.
<BR>--
<BR>&nbsp;
<P>I just purchased one, but last year's price was about $4,200.&nbsp;
They should
<BR>be coming down.&nbsp; I bought a Boxlight.&nbsp; They have an 800 number.&nbsp;
I don't
<BR>have it handy because the equipment was purchased for me through another
<BR>department.&nbsp; We are really happy with it.
<P>I would suggest nothing less than 500 lumens - polysilicon technology.
<BR>Check out the 600 X 800 display, etc.&nbsp; If you need more information,
I can
<BR>get it.
<P>I would assume the price has gone down some.
<P>Sandy,
<BR>I would highly recommend a Sharp projector.&nbsp; You can leave the
lights on
<BR>and the pixel ratio is great!&nbsp; They have one for about $3000.
<P>Ask your favorite AV equipment sales rep to bring several makes/models
<BR>your school and do a demo!!!&nbsp;&nbsp; Invite the teachers, administrators,
<BR>whoever would use the projector.&nbsp;&nbsp; Let them play with it
and vote on
<BR>their favorite.
<P>My personal favorites (what I buy) are the Eiki machines.&nbsp;&nbsp;
The LC-4300
<BR>would probably be in your price range.&nbsp;&nbsp; Really easy to operate,
sharp
<BR>picture, sharp sound, hooks up to PC/Mac/laptop/VCR.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
VERY reliable!!!
<BR>&nbsp;Easily serves a room of 40 seats (and we've used it successfully
in
<BR>larger rooms).&nbsp;&nbsp; I have 2 LC-4300 and we and our faculty
love them!&nbsp; (I
<BR>am now buying the next model up the line - can't remember the model
<BR>number, but it's SVGA compatible.)
<P>Hope this helps!
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------FF067D32A22C1B7F12270568--

To quit LM_NET (or set-reset NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send email to