This query is for classroom teachers or other educators not presently
working as librarians. I am posting to this forum because I know we have
members with an interest in librarianship who are not serving directly
in that capacity. I am interested in challenges to curricular materials
other than library books or other library resources. Have you
experienced a challenge to a curricular material--text, activity, story,
poem, video presentation, internet resource, etc.? If so, I would be
grateful for answers to these questions:
1. Please describe the material.
2. What was the nature of the challenge?
3. How was it resolved?
4. Did you feel you were prepared for this event, and what advice would
you offer to others facing similar challenges?
Part of my design  is to make the point that challenges can occur in any
area of curriculum delivery and that all educators should be proactive,
should know their institution's policies, and should be prepared in case
a challenge occurs.
    Another request about challenges was posted yesterday, and I know
these requests come along frequently due to class assignments. Please
respond to her request rather than mine if you must choose, or forward
me your response to that request if it also applies here. I do not want
to infringe on this student's work. My query is really just for
situations outside the realm of the library.  My questions are prompted
by an assignment for a class in curriculum issues, part of doctoral
studies in curriculum and instruction at Baylor University, TX. Thanks
in advance for any responses, and I will post a hit. Spring is tough on
grad students and we do appreciate your help! Mary Ann

--
"Try curiosity!"  --Dorothy Parker