Colleagues,
Thanks so much for saving the day, the other day. You people are=20
UN-believable. The first grade teachers were very impressed. (They have also=20
decided to go with Eiki).

Thanks to all the LMS's that sent me information, if I missed a personal=20
reply, it was not intentional.=20

Here's the hit. I had asked for STURDY/RELIABLE tape recorder/players.
************************
We've just purchased Califone (as in the record players that won't die)
cassette recorders with built in mics and built in listening station
jacks.  Contact Mid State Repair in Providence R.I.  They are wonderful
people (Jack and Pat Osti)  If you can't get a number from information
call me at 508-398-7665 tomorrow and I'll check my rolodex.  Good luck.=20
JJ
***********************
We haven't purchased any recently, but we always liked Audiotronics.
They are heavy duty with built-in microphones, so we didn't have to
worry about losing them. I can't remember who sold them, but I'll look
tomorrow in school.

Anne Kellner =20
**********************
I buy Eiki brand.
***********************
I use EIKI tape recorders---they are very sturdy. I have a couple that have
5 earphone jacks that teachers find useful. I also purchased one EIKI that
had a CD player with the cassetter. It has withstood much abuse. I won't but
that boombox style any more. They don't last. Look in several A/V
catalogues, though, 'cause you will find varied prices.
Missi Baker
***********************
Califone manufactures great recorders for heavy use.  You can buy with=20
multiple
headphone jacks, with 5-watt or 10-watt speakers, or plain.

Ginger Williams
**************************
Cairn,
Have you looked in Brodart's 1999 catalog?  We carry Hamilton, Califone  =20
and Eiki tape recorder/players.  If you're ordering a large quantity, we  =20
will do a quote on a "quantity" discount.  Also, we can do a "proforma"  =20
invoice for you.  You wouldn't need to pay until you actually receive the  =20
goods, but your money will be protected.
If you'd like more information or help, please call me.
Sue Steckenfinger
Brodart Co.
***********************
...just purchased 5 machines after 2 months of searching, found
  Califone
   mod. # 3430AV   (CAREFUL..there are several models, 3430, etc)
built-in 6 headphone-out jack (listening center)
built-in mike
ext. speaker jack

I can get price & supplier I used if you need...
**********************
Try Califone.  We had some old ones I thought I'd get rid of.  My tech
repairman almost had a coronary because he said they were the best and so
reliable.
Laura Mason
******************
Eiki CD/tape cassette recorders have worked well for us.  They have a=20
loud enough speaker to be heard in a classroom, have the versatility of=20
CD or tape cassete and are durable.

They also look like a classroom tape recorder, not cool looking, so=20
students are not as tempted to steal.
Pam Hollenberg
*******************
Hi!
I like EIKI very much =AF they make several different models.  They are on p=
age=20
173 of the National Audio Visual Supply catalog

www.natav.com
1-800-222-0109
1-800-628-1329 (fax)

National Audio Visual Supply
Route 121 East
Grafton, VT  05146-0116

Good Luck!

Diane K. VanGorden
Hi, we have had best luck with Sharp or EIKI. Caliphone players did
stand up for us. We have a jobber in the state with good prices. Maybe one
in your state to help. Happy buying. pat
Our BOCES recommends EIKI as they are repairable and parts are
available.  We just ordered three with our money.