*** 5) Plugged In with Soledad O'Brien
--------------------------------------
Two women [Enid J.H. Karpeh and Joanne Roberts] have captured the teen
audience with their web sites "Getting Real" and "Citizen Phoebe."
Their secret: letting real teenagers be the advisors and writers.
Learn more about their approach to getting kids involved in their
interview with Soledad O'Brien, a Women.com and NBC correspondent:

Developers of Teen Web Site talk with Soledad O'Brien from Women.com
http://www.womenswire.com/plug/spotlight/e0323roberts.html?e3

This page has links to the audio, video and written transcript of
the interview. Questions include the differences between adult and
teenager use of the Internet. Do Girls use the Internet as much as
Boys? etc.

Getting Real
http://www.gettingreal.com/
Discussion with other teens, music, college, technology
gender issues, film & video, sports, careers.

"Citizen Phoebe" The President's Teen Cabinet Member
http://www.citizenphoebe.com/
Site that shows that politics and teens do mix.
Contents include Speeches, News scoops, town hall (where teens can
add their own views), and diaries of Phoebe, David, Paula and Norbert.

[After viewing this site I started wondering if this was real (seemed
to read like a TV-show to me), I have since learned that the characters
in Citizen Phoebe are all fictional, played by actors.  See the Excerpt
from Joanne Roberts interview below.]

URLJam (preview not actual site address below)
http://www.kidsites3000.com/url.html
New site being developed by Kidsites 3000. Geared to provide
educational sites for junior high and high school students,
teachers, parents, "home schoolers" and others interested in
educational resources on the Internet.

Kidsites 3000
http://www.kidsites3000.com/
Find out more of the background and the why
of the above sites. Connect to the
Sites link, find out the partners involved,

Excerpt from Interview Joanne Roberts at the Digital Kids Conference
http://www.kidsites3000.com/digkids.html

Interview within The Sage Letter
http://www.sageway.com/nl15.htm

*** These sites came to my attention via a twice-monthly newsletter from
WOMEN.COM if you are interested in membership you can go to the following
website to find out more http://women.com/membership/

Regards,
Monica K. Green
Librarian