Hi all. Just wanted to let you know of a recent experience with Brodart
to prevent it happening to others.
I placed a large order with Brodart recently (283 titles). The order was
8 pages long so I faxed it to them. Within 1 day a customer service
person called to say they did not get the last page and asked me to fax
it to them again. The last page of my order showed the list price total
of the books, a 40% discount based on a coupon I had received, plus
processing, plus shipping, and a grand total that matched my purchase
order.
Well, I got 4 boxes of books in just a couple of weeks and was thrilled
until I realized that I was missing 80 titles. When I called, the
customer service girl said "you ran out of money" and in the process of
trying to figure how I could have been so off she says, "that coupon
says the discount is UP TO 40% and most of the books YOU ordered only
got 10% off list."  I was floored!  While I agreed with her that I
misread the coupon she insisted it was not their responsibility to let
me know that the PO amount did not match the order. They simply took my
list, made their own selections, and sent them out - no phone call to
ask about priorities, no communication whatsoever that dollars did not
match, nothing.
I will never order from Brodart again and must caution all of you to
read Brodart's promotional material VERY carefully!

Susan Grigsby, LMS
The Epstein School, Atlanta Georgia
sgrigsby@epstein-atl.org

Those who don't understand aren't committed...those who do should be.