The query began:
We are trying to locate subscriptions that would be helpful in the
development of storytelling skills.  Does anyone subscribe to a
storytelling magazine that they would recommend?
Many thanks for all the following responses:

Storytelling Magazine is published by NSA, National Storytellers'
Association and although it is included in membership, specialty
magazine
places or book stores with large magazine sections may carry it. There
is
also Story Bag and Storytellers' World?  Go to  STORYTELL@VENUS.TWU.EDU
which is the free list serve for storytellers around the world.  Join
and
you can ask about this and any aspect of the art.      Sandy P. in
Philly

Storytelling Magazine is excellent. I don't know if you can subscribe to
it
individually, but you get it as part of your membership to the National
Storytelling Association.   Gayle Hodur

An invaluable resource is Storytelling World, Check a search engine
under
East Tennessee State University Storytelling.   If you can't find the
address, I will send it.     Kevin Cordi

I am biased, but I recommend Storytelling Magazine (see NSN's website at
www.storynet.org) and the Story Bag (see my website
www.swiftsite.com/storyteller)
Harlynne Geisler storybag@juno.com

You should also add to your list:
Storytelling World, published biannualy by East Tennessee State
University, edited
by Dr. Flora Joy. One year $8.95, two years $16.95 to Dr. Flora Joy,
Storytelling
World Editor, ETSU Box 70647, Johnson City, TN 37614-0647. Most back
issues
are still available. email joyf@Access.ETSU.Edu .
You should also consider Swag of Yarns, Australia's National
Storytelling
Magazine, published quarterly. AU$35.00 per year for subscriptions not
in
Australia. The editor is our own June Barnes. email
bunyip@netspace.net.au .
Tom Burger tomburger@earthlink.net

You might want to look at:
http://edfu.lis.uiuc.edu/puboff/catalog/storytelling/index.html
It's a recommend-only review journal of storytelling audio and videotape
that might help you with collection development.    Janice M. Del Negro

Thank you all for the information. I have now too many good suggestions.

Katherine Powell
Children's Services Librarian
Albany County Public Library
Laramie, WY  82070