Colleagues,
I spent many hours today trying to help a friend with her IMac.  She is
pretty new to this being a recent graduate from the Apple II. and like me,
has no tech savvy family members to do the setting up stuff for her.

Here are some of the problems we ran into

She wanted an inventory of all her books, so I showed her how to set up an
Appleworks database,  but then I was going to show her how to insert a
graphic and I couldn't find any graphics.  Where is the clip art with
Appleworks 5? I have tons of it with the Clarisworks 4 (well not tons but
some anyway) although come to think of it, I may have moved some of it over
from my first MAC since its in a folder called the Performa clip art
collection.

She says the computer came with Appleworks already installed and she doesn't
have it on a separate CD.  She is a kindergarten teacher and really wants to
use graphics in her newsletters and in her lesson design.  So is there any
clip art included with Appleworks?  If not, what would be a good source?  I
know you can save images from and web and then insert them, but I'm no sure
she's ready for that - time-wise or maybe I'm not ready to teach her since I
do a lot of floundering and experimenting when I'm working with graphics if
she wanted to buy a disk what would be a good one to use that would work with
Appleworks?

Second question: It seemed like everytime I opened a folder I would find a
copy of Adobe Acrobat reader which had been added when the application was
installed.  Do you really need a separate copy in each folder like one in the
Photodeluxe folder and one in the scanner folder, etc.  I just have one copy
and one folder on my harddrive but it seems to work when it's needed.  I
don't have an IMac, nor do I have system 8.5 so I don't want to have her
throw away a bunch of stuff if she needs it or it will make it easier to
operate the computer.

Paula Neale, LMS
Ingels Elementary School
Kansas City, MO  64134