I am the media speicalist in a school of 620 kids - first, second and
third graders. My Rules:

1. Walk, don't run.

2. Sit like a pretzel.
        (of course, I mean when we are sitting together on the floor. )
3. Keep books safe and dry.
        (safe from babies, dogs, food, and not near any kind of water:
rain,                           drinks, wet tables and counters, toilets, bathtubs)
4. Keep your book in your book bag or your desk.
        ( unless you are reading it)
5. Remember listening position.
        (This is a school wide thing - sit up, eyes and ears on the speaker,
quiet hands)
6. Only LOOK at the fish.
        (This is my effort to make a postive statement out of don't touch the
fish tank!)

I made a cube from yellow foam board using six 6 inch squares. Three
squares have a sad face made from felt, the other have happy faces. I
hot glued the edges together.
We sit in a circle and each child has a turn rolling the cube.  If it
lands on a happy face, they say something that is a GOOD thing to do in
the library. If they roll a sad face they say something that is a BAD
thing to do. This gets quite comical with the kids who "get it".  I
printed out each rules on a piece of paper 8.5 x 11 and keep them on the
wall next to where we sit, in case soneone need help remembering.
I got the face cube idea from LM_NEt but I have no idea who it was! It
works great. The kids ask about playing it all year.

Karen DeFrank
Dorothy L. Bullock Elementary School
Glassboro, NJ 08028
defrank@voicenet.com