Thanks to all who responded to my request for easy to understand copyright
and fair use websites.  Many requested a hit, so they follow:

Tricia Melgaard, LMS
Central Middle School
Broken Arrow, OK

I am taking a class on Collection development and we had a speaker on fair
use.  Try some of these sites he gave us.
Fair use for educators:
www.cetus.org/fairindex.html
www.iupui.edu/it/copyinfo/highered.html
Indiana University Copyright management center:  www.iupui.edu/it/copyinfo

This is a site I found. I hope it is useful.
http://www.templetons.com/brad/copyright.html

http://www.benedict.com/
This is the Copyright Website.  It is pretty good and seems to cover
everything.  There are a lot of great copyright websites out there.  The
April or May Booklist had a comprehensive list of sites that was annotated.

http://groton.k12.ct.us/mts/egtoc.htm
This website was done by one of the districts in my state. I haven't read
the whole thing so I can't really vouch for how easy it is to understand,
but it will probably be helpful.

Hi, I found this chart from the Jefferson County schools in CO to be
most helpful.
http://204.98.1.2/plmc/copyright.html#Teachers

I have found a site at http://fairuse.stanford.edu
However, I would like something with more direct answers for teachers.

I cannot remember all the details but try the Bellingham WA school website.
They have the most comprehensive statements on all areas of library.

Don't mean to toot my own horn, however, I just did a Reference on the Web:
Copyright for Reference Books Bulletin (the "back" section of Booklist).
You can find it on ALA's site with the links ready to take to such great
sites as the Groton schools handbook. Hope this helps,
Here's the URL:
http://www.ala.org/booklist/v95/rbb/je1/45copyri.html

Copyright for Schools by Carol Mann Simpson

Copyright Law and Fair Use:Why Ignorance is not Bliss-
A Case for Guidelines- article by Linda Enghagen
http://horizon.unc.edu/ts/commentary/1998-04.asp