The following quote from my unlurking message has
resulted in a number of enquiries from others who do
the same.

'And by the way, I am a 'lurker-with-a-purpose'.  I belong to
many lists to scan whats happening and feed the information
to staff.  Its one of the services that staff appreciate'

What listservs do other people find valuable sources
of information to feed to staff?

To start this off :
I belong to the fantastic OZTL_NET from Charles Sturt University
in NSW.  Active, practical, professional, and very responsive.
Website at  http://www.csu.edu.au/research/cstl/oztl_net/

To OZ-teacher_net which has a blind leading the sight
impaired feeling about its technology focus. Great
acceptance of the real newbies inthe business, yet someone
is bound to have the answer.
 It is used by teachers who have landed the technology
role and are learning the hard way.
Also a venue for shared projects. I often send messages
from this list to staff.
http://rite.ed.qut.edu.au/oz-teachernet/training/guideweb.html
#web-subscribe  can subscribe to other services here too.

I get weekly EdNA updates from the Education Network of
Australia which is focused on Australian curriculum.
http://www.edna.edu.au

And I find  it affirming to keep an eye on what is happening
in UK and mainly commonwealth countries through
the School Library Network.
This list is a result of the hard work of Elizabeth Bentley who
I think is a member of LM_NET too.  She is doing a great
job with this list.
sln@egroups.com - not sure if this is the sign-in location.
Check it with Elizabeth  elizabeth@wardrobe.dircon.co.uk

I subscribe to Fromnowon (JAmie Mackenzie).
http://www.fno.org/JM/subscribe.html

I deal with mail very quickly.  Very selective.
But the service is appreciated.

About the Scout report - worth a subscription?
What about a useful Gifted and talented service?
Fruitful lurking everyone!
Jan

Jan Radford
Br Ernan Resource Centre
Trinity Catholic College
AUBURN  NSW (home of the year 2000 Olympics)