Good Morning all,

Several people wrote asking for a hit on this.  I would like to thank
everyone for their wonderful suggestions!  I feel truly blessed to have
your help :-)  Due to requests for this, I am not including names or
email addresses.  I will leave it to the authors of these comments,
addresses, suggestions to "pipe up" if they feel the need to elucidate.

Here is a cute poem about computers  "If Dr. Seuss Wrote Computer
Manuals"
Found at:

http://genius.rider.edu/~fox/seuss.htm
*******
There're actually several poems (and lots and lots of songs) about
computers around; the problem is in tracking down their original authors
and locating said authors for permissions.

The first one that springs to mind is "The Modern Raven", aka
"Abort,Retry,Ignore".  I don't know who penned this; it's been floating
around the internet as "anonymous" since early 1996 at least.  I don't
have a url handy, but a search on the title "Abort,Retry,Ignore: should
turn up multiple hits.

There's Gene Ziegler's "A Grandchild's Guide to Using Grandpa's
Computer" (which someone posted anonymously as "If Dr. Seuss were a
Technical Writer").  You can find the poem, its story, and the author's
email address at:

http://www.gsm.cornell.edu/staff/gene/clocktower.html

There's the "Author Unknown" poem "I Shot a Query into the Net" at:

http://www.stokely.com/lighter.side/net.query.html.

There's the famous "Microsoft Christmas" or "Jingle Gates", which
I found at:  http://extlab1.entnem.ufl.edu/IH8PCs/other/xmas1.htm

There's the haiku from the Salon Magazine contest at:

http://www.salonmag.come/21st/chal/1998/02/10chal2.html

and the 02 (computer, not gas) haiku at:

http://www.reputable.com/o2.html

   I have had this little ditty posted above my desk...given to me by
another staff member.  It is by Prelutsky but don't know which book she
obtained it from.

Computer, computer
By Jack Prelutsky

Computer, computer,