Try the National Geographic Map machine. You can find this link and several
others at a geography Web page I did:
 http://www.wecb.org/edu/ewoh/library.htm

Try these two, Donna
http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/country-frame.html
http://www.eduplace.com/ss/ssmaps/index.html

See if this site is helpful to your teacher.  I just love it!  It has
NUMEROUS amounts of USEFUL information on a students level.
www.mrdowling.com

Go to the source,  http://www.usgs.gov/      This is the URL for the US
Geological Survey.  I'm sure that if anyone has maps for educators, they
would.

Please post your hit.
One site, which appears to be sponsored by U. S. Immigration, called ABC
Quick Maps, has simple, printable, country maps of all countries in the
Middle East except Oman, Qatar and the U.A.E. They even have a map of
"Palestine", which is actually a map of Israel showing where the "occupied"
areas are. They don't date their maps, so I'm not sure how up-to-date they
are.
The URL is http://www.theodora.com/maps/abc_world_maps.html This site is
working on having maps of all countries, but most of the former Soviet
Union countries are not yet represented.
I was disappointed with
CIA World Fact Book (www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook) and Atlapedia
(www.atlapedia.com/online/maps/political), because although they have maps,
I couldn't make them print out. Maybe it's the fault of my computer.

What about using the CIA Factbook?  Under reference maps you can click on
Middle East.  After noting the countries shown and their locations, by
going Back to the country list and clicking on the individual country and
basic map is given with the facts on that country.
http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html
Hope this helps.

I put this web page together for my Geography Teachers:

http://www.sanjuan.edu/schools/mesaverde/libtech/floor900/rm912.html Enjoy!

Your history teacher might try the free Infoplease site, based on Infopl
ease almanac.  That's www.infoplease.com.  To get to the maps, go through
World to Countries to the specific country.  Maps print at full screen
size.  Flags are also available, along with basic information about the
country.

Someone may have given you this already-try these websites:
National Geographic (free downloading of maps)
http://www.nationalgeographic.com <http://www.nationalgeographic.com>
CIA World Fact book for kids (great for those "country" reports or fast
facts)
http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html
<http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html>

National Geographic has a great site :
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/resources/ngo/maps It has all their maps.
Hope this helps.

Here's what's in my bookmark file. You don't specify what the teacher
hasn't found at these map sites, so maybe one of these will have it...
<A HREF="http://terraserver.microsoft.com">-Maps using GS coordinates view
from space</A>
<A HREF="http://www.atlapedia.com/online/country_index.htm">Countries A to
Z -
Atlapedia Online</A>
<A HREF="http://dewey.chs.chico.k12.ca.us/ss11.html">Geography
Resources</A>
<A HREF="http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/histus.html">
Historical Maps of the United States</A>
<A
HREF="http://www.nationalgeographic.com/resources/ngo/maps/index.html">Map
Machine @ nationalgeographic.com</A>
<A HREF="http://www.toptenlinks.com/travel/maps.vote">Top ten map sites.
Get
free maps online</A>
<A
HREF="http://www.utexas.edu/depts/grg/virtdept/resources/map_libs/map_libs.
htm">UT Dept. of Geography Resources: Map Collections</A>
Sorry this took so long to send out.  I did try  last week only to have my
computer freeze as I was sending it and of course I lost it and had to
start again.  Thanks to everyone that shared the following information.
 Needless to say my Social Studies teacher was impressed and overwhelmed.
 Hope this helps the people that requested I share and sorry for the
duplication, some people shared the same sites and I didn't have the time
to edit the hit.

Try   http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/Map_collection.html
I don't know if there are the Middle East maps you are looking for, but
there are plenty of maps.

I don't know if this is any better, but the CIA World Fact Book has a link
to "quick maps," which gives you a map of the country selected. You can
take a look at it at:
  http://www.theodora.com/wfb/abc_world_fact_book.html
If you come up with a great site for maps, I'd love to know the URL.

Jennie C Hoffman, Librarian                     email  -  jhoffman@enter.net
Louis E. Dieruff High School Library            phone  -  (610) 821-2772
815 N. Irving St.                                       fax  -  (610) 820-2244
Allentown, PA 18103-1894