Here is a list of all the titles people forwarded for our English project.
I must thank everyone who sent suggestions. The teacher was thrilled; she
now has titles for the students who chose this as their topic of research.
Thanks - you really helped us out. I'll be adding some of these to my order
list.
Sandy

********

Robert Cormier's book - Tenderness illustrates a sick relationship

********

Not sure if this fits but Richard Peck's Alone in the House deals with the
rape of a young girl by her rich former date (I think), who enters her
house when she is alone.

********

Hello! I read one a couple of years ago that would be perfect. It was
about a girl who was date raped when she went to college and *she* wound
up being the one shunned. I cannot remember the title but it's something
like _The Perfect Daughter_ or something similar.  As a matter of fact,
I saw a movie based on the novel one night on TV.  Of course, the movie
wasn't nearly as effective as the book, but then, movies seldom are.

********

Past Forgiving... I'm at home and can't remember the author.  Chapters
alternate between the boy and the girl...

********

There is an excellent book about date rape called Past Forgiving by
Miklowitz.  Also Mazer has written a book called Out of Control about verbal
and physical abuse of a girl by a group of boys.  One of the boys is genuinely
sorry and tries to make amends.  Two other titles about rape are Did you hear
what happened to Andrea? and Why Me by Dizenzo.

********

Try Desperate Pursuit by Gloria Miklowitz.  Girl is stalked by a boy
who dated her.  She dumped him and he continued to stalk, ultimately
hoping to injure or kill her.

********

Past Forgiving_ by Gloria Miklowitz.  0-671-88442-5  Simon & Schuster, c.
1995
"Fifteen-year-old Alexandra finds that her boyfriend Cliff demands all her
time, isolates her by his jealousy, and finally becomes physically
abusive."

This title has been very popular with girls at our high school.  I
recommend it!

********

Try these titles:

Peck - Are you in the house alone?
Miklowitz - Past Forgiving
Reynolds - Baby help

The Miklowitz is particulary good for this topic.

Hope that this helps:

********

I always found help in Fiction Catalog.  I don't know how many current
issue problems are included in the recent editions.

********

Marilyn Reynolds has excellent books that fly off the shelves.  Beyond
Dreams, Telling (molestation), Baby Help, But what about me (aquaintance
rape) are some great ones.

********

One very good book on the subject of rape is "Are you in the house alone?"
by Richard Peck.  It was an ALA Best Book of the Year, and recommended in
ALA Best Books for Young Adults.
Another popular book dealing with date rape is "My Phantom Love" by Janet
Quinn-Harkin.  My Junior High girls love all of her books.

********
Sandy Eichelberger, LMS
West Seneca East Senior High School
West Seneca, NY