Hello!

As always, it is exciting to see the stats leap forward this time of year. We
are already half way to last year's TOTAL, and are processing registrations
daily. We only need some registrations from North Dakota (COME ON, ND!...and
we will have all fifty states again!)...

SPECIAL INCENTIVE: Simple application process=$250 minigrant to publish your
students' work!

Available TODAY to all REGISTERED Read In! participants:

We're pleased to present a new opportunity to turn your students into
published authors. Chapbooks for Learning is a new company that lets teachers
publish their student writing anthologies as real paperback books. The
ordering and proofing is all done online, and the cost is $5 per copy (50 copy
minimum). Check out their web site at http://www.chapbooks.com for more
information. The Read In! has recently received a block grant of $12,500 from
Chapbooks for Learning, to be
distributed in $250 mini-grants to 50 Read In teachers to publish anthologies
of their students' writing. To apply for one of these mini-grants, send the
information required to TheReadIn@aol.com

If you are one of the first 50 who respond, Chapbooks for Learning will
contact
you with a grant ID number to be used when you place your order. Orders must
be placed and manuscripts submitted by April 15, 1999 to be eligible. Please
include: Name, School, School Address, Day Phone, Evening Phone, E-mail,
Grade, Subject, and Number of years of teaching.

NOTE: NONE of this information is distributed to ANY other list and this is a
very reputable company, recommended by one of our authors!  Good luck! Apply
NOW...The minigrants will go QUICKLY!

As always, even if you do not decide to apply for one of the minigrants, we
invite you to register early to join us for the May 13th event: We are now
verifying the final schedule of times and will post it to LM_Net as soon as it
is available.

Thank you, as always to LM_Net and all of you for your support over the
years...Remember: READ! READ!! READ!!!

Registrations are processed through the website: http://www.readin.org
and remember: it is free to participate, and the chat clients are free! We
just want kids to READ!

Jane ;-)
Jane Coffey
Director/Founder