Help!
        Over Christmas vacation our tech person & I spent some time converting
from the unison version of circ. Plus & Cat. Plus to the Windows versions.
I played around with it for several hours--just to be sure everything worked!
        I found a problem that I need some help with. In the DOS version of Circ.
Plus, there was a password that was necessary before you could exit the
program. I do not find that password in the Windows version. I use the
program in a high school and have student workers checking materials in and
out for me. This means that they can easily exit the program and be in the
teachers menu (the program needs more rights than are usually available to
students). True, they can't get into the other Follett programs (or back
into Circ. Plus) without a password, but they have all sorts of access to
the network. I have good kids, but they ARE kids and they will fool around.
Is there an obvious answer to this problem that I have overlooked? Your
help would be very much appreciated. We have Windows 95, Novell 4.11,
Compac computers. I found in the OPAC where it was possible to set up a
password before a student could exit that, but I need one for Circ. Plus.
How are other people handling this?
        thanks for your help.

Linda Hill, Librarian lhill@fgi.net
Meridian High School 728 South Wall Box 380 Macon, IL 62544