Dear Group,

Many thanks to the ideas you have sent.
Here is one that a couple of people have sent.
I use Netscape Communicator.  What I suggest you try is this:

Click on EDIT on the top Tool Bar.
   Click on PREFERENCES
        Click on the + sign in front of MAIL & GROUPS
           Click on MESSAGES
              Now there is a line that says: WRAP LONG LINES AT __
CHARACTERS.  I have mine set at 72 and that seems to work fine!

Good luck.

Here is an explanation as to why there is a problem.

Someone else may know more, but this may be beyond your control. Most
email
programs (Netscape included) ask the sender to set where they want the
margins to break. Most default and are recommended to wrap under 80
characters. The reason is that many people viewing can't handle longer
lines without them breaking into odd pieces that make reading difficult.
If
 you've ever clicked on reply and seen the message wrap
in odd places
you'll know what I mean. :-)

In Netscape ver. 4.6x look under references/mail & newsgroups/ messages/

message wrap to check your settings.

The "fix" when printing is to have your messages pasted into a word
processing program (I use Word). You can then use your edit/replace
function to look for carriage returns/paragraph marks- and replace them
with a space. You may need to count how many spaces in the "wrapped"
section and include them in the replace also. We use this when printing
from the Internet to conserve printing for students since they pay $.10
page. Many have become proficient at using the replace function this
way!

Jeannie Bellavance, Librarian
Gwynedd-Mercy  Academy, Elementary Division
P.O. Box 241
Spring House, PA 19477