...If this has been posted recently, I apologize...I have been away for
about 4 weeks...This was sent to me by a friend:

                  A FORTUNE!

      The yard sale I had this last weekend went much better than I
expected.
      I made a fortune!  And not once did any of my family members throw
 themselves on an item screaming, "No!  Don't buy that!  I need it!"
      Mostly they just stood around, sighed a lot and looked very
pained.
      It turns out it was me that had a problem selling some of the
items.
 But  it wasn't until a woman offered me a nickel for one of the
children's
 book that I lost it.
      This wasn't just any old book you see.  This was Green Eggs and
Ham!
 I must have read that book a thousand times to each of my children over
the
 years.  Sometimes I would even fix them that very thing for dinner
(with
 the help of a little green food coloring. My cooking is not that bad!)
      This book was priceless!  Without even realizing I was going to do
it
 I heard myself say, "I'm sorry, I have decided not to sell this one."
      "I'll give you ten cents for it and not a cent more!  It's only a
kids
 book," she told me curtly.
      Looking into her scowling face I could not resist asking, "Have
you
 ever eaten green eggs and ham?"
      "Of course not!" she sputtered. "What a stupid question!"  And
with
 that said she made a final, less than kind comment and stormed out of
the
 garage.
      As I sat there feeling a bit silly about the whole thing I heard a
 small voice next to me say, "I have never eaten green eggs and ham but
 would!"
      Turning I looked into the smiling face of a little girl of about
four.
 "Would you eat them in a box?" I asked her.
      She grinned, "I would eat them in a box and with a fox!"  Then her
 little hand opened to reveal one shiny penny. "Is this enough for the
 book?"
      "Well there is a small problem," I told her. "If I sell you
Sam-I-Am,
 then Horton and the Cat in the Hat and all the others would be so
lonely
 and sad.  Do you think you could take them too?"
      "Oh I could take them all!  I really could!"
      Her mother thanked me profusely as she helped her daughter gather
up
 the books. Asking her to hold on a minute, I dashed into the house and
 returned and handed the mother a small bottle.
      Laughing as she gazed at the small green bottle, she told me,
"Looks
 like I will have to stop at the store and get some ham and eggs."
      The penny now sits in my memory box, forever a reminder of the
true
 cost of something priceless.
      See, I told you I made a fortune!
--