Dear D.J.
Hotel Coronado, on an island, has a dining room with lights designed by
L.Frank Baum, and is the largest free-standing (no ceiling supports) room
in world?  It has a rich, Hollywood- related history and a photographic
display in the basement where there are several shops. Beautiful island of
vacation homes.
San Diego Safari Park
San Diego Zoo
You're an hour by trolley from Tia Juana, Mexico
Go to the artist's village and the museums (art and natural history, etc.)
in the park
There is an outdoor theater and large cross on a hill overlooking the city
where you should go for the view if nothing else.
There are several beautiful college campuses
There is Olde Town with many Latino-American restaurants and shops
The waterfront.

This is off the top of my head because my tour book is packed away in a box
in my living room as a workman is removing the old wallpaper prior to
painting  my dining room where the book was shelved.
My sister moved to San Diego 4 years ago and I've visited her twice. This
is the stuff I remember immediately.
                                        Have a wonderful time!
                                        Sandy P. in Philly

"It's got to be the going not the gettin' there that's good." Harry Chapin
in song "Take the Greyhound"
"But then, you could go both ways!"  Scarecrow in movie "The Wizard of Oz"

Sandy Pomerantz, Librarian
Central East Middle School
236 E. Wyoming Ave.
Phila., PA 19120