Hello everyone,  I want to thank those who responded to my question about
"Johhny Ribeck"
        The student was overjoyed about the two different but similar versions.  I
have made a few copies and put them in my vertical file of silly songs for
our student teachers.  Thank you again, here are the two versions for your
enjoyment:

1. There was a man named Dunderbeck, invented a machine,
For grinding things to sausage meat and it was run by steam.
Now kitchen cats and long-tailed rats will never more be seen,
They'll all be ground to sausage meat in Dunderbeck's machine.

Oh Dunderbeck, oh Dunderbeck, how could you be so mean
To ever have invented the sausage meat machine?
Now long tailed rats and pussy cats will never more be seen,
They'll all be ground to sausage meat in Dunderbeck's machine.

One day a little fat boy came walking in the store.
He bought a pound of sausage and laid them on the floor.
Then he began to whistle, he whistled up a tune,
The sausages, they jumped, they barked, they danced 'round the room.

On day the thing got busted, the darn thing wouldn't go,
And Dunderbeck, he crawled inside to see what made it so.
His wife, she had a nightmare, she was walking in her sleep
She gave a yank and turned the crank and Dunderbeck was meat.

This version is a combination of the versions from "Folk Songs
for Fun" and "101 plus 5 Folk Songs for Camp".

2.   Johnny Verbeck
==============

Chorus:

Oh mister Johnny Verbeck
How could you be so mean
I told you you'd be sorry
For inventing that machine
Now all the neighbor's cats and dogs
Will nevermore be seen
They'll all be ground in sausages
In Johnny Verbeck's machine
hey!

There was a little Dutch man
His name was Johnny Verbeck
He was a dealer in sausages
And sauerkraut and speck
He made the finest sausages
That you ever did see
And one day he invented
A wonderful sausage machine
hey!

chorus

One day a little fat boy
Came walking into the store
He bought a pound of sausages
And piled them on the floor
The boy began to whistle
And he whistle'd up a tune
And all the little sausages
Went dancing around the room
hey!

chrous

One day the thing got busted
The blamed thing wouldn't go
So Johnny Verbeck he climed inside
To see what made it so
His wife, she had a nightmare
And while walking in her sleep
She gave the crank a heck of a yank
And Johnny Verbeck was meat
hey!

chorus

PS.  I was given a site that cover old children's camp songs.

http://pw1.netcom.com/~deadbody/SONGS/verbeck.txt

Jane Russell
Instructional Technology Center
Carlson Library, Clarion University of PA
russell@mail.clarion.edu