    Your suggestion of book discussions is, in my opinion, a good one;
we sometimes get so involved in other issues of our jobs that we forget
about the books!  I truly wish that I could earn a Master of Library
Arts instead of Library Science.  Furthermore, there are so many tips we
could pass along to each other about books we select, such as strength
of plot, existence of theme, believability of characters, or even
matters such as appropriateness of language or plot for certain
communities.
    However, LM_Net is so bogged down already with repetitions, personal
messages, and long signatures, and it's sometimes hard to flip through
because the heading gives no idea of what the message is about so that
you can delete it.  How could we do this?  Is there another list or a
newsgroup that is devoted to the discussion of the quality of children's
or young adults' literature?
    I value the opinions of fellow LM_Netters (even when they're so
illogical as to not agree with mine) and would like to hear more.
    Cassie Wilson
    Grad Student, Kent State U.

cwilson2@kent.edu