My husband asked if I would forward this question to you to see if any
of you had had this happen or could offer some suggestions.

On my Macintosh Performa 6360 running Mac OS 8.5, I am unable to use the

Recent Applications function of the Apple Menu.  The Recent Documents
function works just fine.  In the Apple Menu Options of the Control
Panel,
the Submenus command is checked On, "Remember Recently Used Items" is
checked, and I have placed 10 in the boxes for Documents, Applications,
and
Servers.  The problem is that when I try to use Recent Applications
under
the Apple Menu, the Submenu appears but all 10 recent applications are
dimmed.  This is not the case with the Recent Documents submenu, in
which
all are darkened and accessible.  The Application menu in the menu bar
works just fine, but this only works for open apps and not recently-used

apps.  Any suggestions as to what I can do to make the Recent
Applications
menu work?  Many thanks.

Dean McIntyre <imdbm@ttacs.ttu.edu>

--
Karen McIntyre, Librarian
Ramirez & Guadalupe Elementary Schools

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart.  Try to love
the questions themselves.  Do not now seek the answers which cannot
be given because you would not be able to live them.  And the point
is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then
gradually without noticing it, live along some distant day into the
answers."                  -- Maria Rilke "Letters to a Young Poet"