1.  Care and feeding of whatever critters might come
with the territory  (fish, shlef pets, etc)

2.  Ditto for plants

You have got to discuss basic copy machine repair or maintainence

I think an important topic would be the management of library aides, both
hired and volunteer.  I am blessed with three of the finest aides who are
not paid nearly enough for what they do.  However, I know of numerous
colleagues whose professional life has been made miserable by aides who
establish their own priorities, develop bad habits, , etc., etc.

Don't forget to discuss the primordial disaffection that seems to
exist between the English teachers of the world and the librarians.

-the care and feeding of volunteers (coffee pots, donuts, and the
media...)

-who the most important people in your school really are:
namely, the receptionist, the school secretary, the school
custodians, and the cafeteria staff -  and ways in which you can make
your life truly easier if you relate to them positively from day one.
 Include several recipes for chocolate chip cookies, etc.

-ways in which you can make your own life bearable without spending a
lot of money - the basic survival kits-

-oh, yes, the XEROX machine - basic techniques...

Budgets--

some items that you will have to spend every year (replacement of lost
books; magazine subscriptions; Internet services; online databases such
as SirS, SuperTom, or ProQuest)

items that you will want to put on a rotating schedule (we do this with
our encyclopedia sets)

the separate accounts (we have Books, Supplies, and Equipment)

the necessity to use some budget amounts for CD-ROM technology

I'm sure you can think of others.  This is great!  Thanks for allowing
us to have input.  Good luck!

Nancy Westendorf, Librarian
Community School 14
Rochester, NY  14605