Two AR situations I need help with....
The first is a MAJOR problem.  At our middle school we have three
independent computers one for each grade level (6th, 7th, 8th).  The 6th and
8th stations are PC and new this year.  The 7th is a MAC and I hate it!!!
I've always hated it and now I have even more reason to HATE it.  It
crashed!!  I lost all info including the points for all my 7th graders.  I
have printed reports at the mid grading period and gave them to the 7th
English teachers.  Two of the four have their reports ( which, remember are
three weeks old) and two cannot find theirs. ( I know I should have kept a
copy, but thats another story)  I added the seventh graders to my other two
computers so that they could tests they have read since the crash and I will
just combine their points to the print.  But...what do I do for those poor
kids whose teachers don't even have a three week old copy of the points for
the year????

Problem 2:  At the intermediate campus (3rd-5th) I planned to have my AR
shop over the course of three days, one for each grade level.  I bought
prizes and made sure I had enough to put out an equal supply of prizes for
each day.  On the day for the fourth grade, the first class had students who
had 100-150 points to spend.  Now I had some nice prizes mark 50, 75, 100,
and 125 points that I felt these students would be eager to use their points
for--however, most of them skipped over those and bought five 20 point
prizes or other combination. So by mid day I had run short on prizes.  They
went for quantity.  Now I know one solution would be to buy more prizes (in
a perfect world)  I really didn't spend much more money on the large point
items than I did on the 20 point prizes, so I can't even save money their.
I hate to make rules on how to spend their points....any suggestions????

Rhonda Amstutz
Librarian K-8
La Feria, Texas
rhonda.amstutz@gte.net