This is my first time to submit a request and I'm really looking forward to
your replies.  I am in the process of weeding the collection in my library.
It consists of about 13,000 books and it doesn't appear that much weeding
has been done since the school and library were built 20+ years ago.  We are
converting to a new automation system so I felt this would be a good time
to weed the entire collection.  I am a third year librarian so I have never
weeded an entire collection before.  I have some information that I received
from the state library and have attended a workshop based on that
information.  I have also used information from a web site.  I haven't had
much difficulty with the sections that I have already completed but I am
very concerned about the 800s.   What other factors do you use besides the
norms (i.e. last circulation date, condition, etc.)  in determining what to
keep and what to discard?
Many of these books don't actually circulate, but are used in the library
for various purposes.
I have two teachers from the English Dept. helping, but I would feel more
comfortable if I had some suggestions from those of you with more
experience.  TIA for any information/suggestions that you can give me.

Rhonda McGee/Librarian (9-12)
Hallsville High School, Hallsville, TX
rmcgee@hisd.com