Hi,
   I have taught my students to play hopscotch and they like the pattern we
used to have in Baltimore when I was a kid.  We'd been drawing it with
chalk but it takes too much of their time to draw and gets worn out too
fast.  The athletic director is willing to paint them on the playground
over the summer if I can get him the right dimensions.  I have looked in
Hopscotch Around the World but that doesn't have the right one and in any
case does not give dimensions.  The one I'm mainly looking for has straight
sides up to the end of Box 7 with a curved top for 8,9, and 10.  Boxes one
and two are formed by the bottom rectangle divided in half, Three, Four,
Five and Six are formed by a largish square divided diagonally to form four
triangles, Seven is a rectangular box straight across.  Eight is formed by
a smaller semicircle (bottom is the top of 7) within the larger curved top.
The rest of the top part is divided in the center to form 9 and 10.
I hope that all makes sense.

The other form we used was what the Hopscotch Around the World book calls
"Escargot," i.e., a snail-shaped diagram.  I would also like the dimensions
for that one.

I'm hoping that someone either can point me to a source for dimensions or
is willing to go out and measure the one on their playground (not asking
much, am I :-) )!

Thanks for any help you can give.

Joanne Proctor
"Librarians - The Ones Who Know"