Teacher Opinionnaire of Library Services and Materials

Frequently Occasionally     Seldom N/A

I can easily find materials relevant to my classes     ______    ______
______ ______

My requests for assistance from the library staff are
promptly and adequately filled.                                   ______
______     ______ ______

Indifference to my requests affects my use of the
library.
______    ______    ______ ______

Lack of resources affects my use of the library.  ______    ______    ______
______

I am asked to participate in the selection of new
materials.      ______    ______    ______ ______

My requests for new materials are honored, within
budgetary limitations.     ______    ______    ______ ______

My students and I are provided with opportunity
to obtain information off-site    ______    ______    ______ ______

My students make independent use of the library ______    ______    ______
______

My students successfully use reference material ______    ______    ______
______

My students successfully use current material  ______    ______    ______
______

My students successfuly use on-line material  ______    ______    ______ ______

I WOULD LIKE...

Research skills taught in conjunction with my
curriculum units      ______    ______    ______ ______

Assistance in selecting materials appropriate to
my curriculum      ______    ______    ______ ______

Help with integrating substantive internet-based
lessons into my curriculum    ______    ______    ______ ______

To learn the best internet search strategies for use ______    ______    ______
______
in planning lessons and in helping my students

The librarian to give brief presentations to my classes
about new materials related to my curriculum  ______    ______    ______ ______

In your own words...

Are there any materials that you and your students would like to use, but that
the library
does not currently provide?

What, if any, additional services should the library provide to help students
achieve?

How can the library best assist you in helping students achieve the
requirements of
education reform?

What, If anything, is the library doing right for your program? (Shameless
fishing for
compliments!)

What is the one service or product we provide that you could not be an
effective teacher
without?

--
Sadie Hunt, Librarian
Dallas (OR) High School

This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS.