How about this?  Haven't tried, but sounds like it has all the right
stuff!  This is from the crockpot list from www.about.com.

     Picante-Cheese Dip

          1 1/2 pounds ground beef (browned)
          1 can (11 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
          2 pound processed cheese (Velveeta)
          1 stick margarine
          1 onion, chopped
          2 tbsp. chili powder
          1 cup picante sauce

     Brown meat and onion. Drain. Add all ingredients to crockpot
     and cook on low heat until cheese melts, about 1 1/2 hours.
     Serve in crockpot with tortilla chips.

We make one with Velveeta cheese and salsa.  Melt the cheese, then add
salsa (which ever brand/heat level you prefer) to taste.  We love HOT
food, so we usually serve sliced jalepenos on the side.  It stays pretty

good in a crock pot, but check it every now and then to make sure it
doesn't start to burn.  This dip is a favorite in my family.

        this is a standard receipe here in Texas

1 16oz pkg velvetta type cheese
1 can Rot-tel tomatoes (about 1-2 cups worth) or chunky salsa in a jar.

cut the cheese into chunks, put the cheese and the salsa/rot-tel
tomatoes
into a crock pot on low and cook till it's melted.  you can also do it
on top
of the stove or in the microwave and just keep it hot in the crock pot.
guusje moore
librarian,
housman elementary school
houston, tx
Here's a great one--sort of

1 can Rotel tomatoes (either mild or hot), drained
1-2 cans refried beans
1 cup (or more!) shredded cheddar (cubed Velveeta can
also be used)

Mix together and heat until cheese is melted.  Serve
hot!  Some people make it without the beans, too.

I don't even use a recipe, so you can "play around"
with this however you want to get it thicker.  If you
use Velveeta or processed cheese, it will probably be
thinner.  It is the best with those big Fritos scoops.

Velvetta cheese melted and mixed with ground sausage and Rotele tomatoes

with chiles (or another brand of the same sort of mixture---it's great!

 The one I use is just a brick of Velvetta, a large jar of salsa and a
can of chili with beans.  I serve it here at school a lot and the kids
love it.

My favorite is to combine

        1 can chili beans (with or w/o beans, either way is fine)
        1 c. velvetta cheese  (more or less as you like)
        dash tabasco

Its melty, gooey and very rich (but so good).  Keeps melted nicely in a
crock  pot or you can microwave bowl fulls as needed.

The easiest way I think there is to make nacho dip is to buy some of the

velveeta with peppers in it.  Add some milk and heat in the crock pot.
It you want, you can also put in a can of chili to add beans and/or
meat.

I'm NO cook, believe me, but my old standby is the Velveeta cheese
and diced Rotel tomatoes. It's more substantial when you mix in
cooked ground beef or sausage... it's good and everyone loves it and
it keeps best in a crock pot.  I'm sure there are many others out
there who have a true nacho dip, so maybe you'll get some responses.

------------- Recipe Extracted from Meal-Master (tm) Database

     Title: Nachos
Categories: Appetizers Mexican Snacks
  Servings:  4

      6 oz Cheddar Cheese; Shredded, *
      6 ea Jalepeno Chilies; **
      1 x  Tortilla Chips;

  *  There should be 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
  ** Jalapenos should be seeded and each cut into 6 slices.

  Make 4 dishes of tortilla chips.  Sprinkle each with 1/4 of the cheese

and 1/4 of the Jalapeno slices.  Set oven control to broil.  Broil
tortilla chips with the tops only 3 to 4 inches from the heat until the
cheese
is melted and serve hot.

                                  NACHOS

Recipe By     :

~-------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Make 4 dishes of tortilla chips.  Sprinkle each with 1/4 of the cheese

and 1/4 of the Jalapeno slices.  Set oven control to broil.  Broil
tortilla chips with the tops only 3 to 4 inches from the heat until the
cheese
is melted and serve hot.

      Title: NACHOS SCHULZ
 Categories: Appetizers, Cheese, Davidson
      Yield: 6 servings

     15 oz Chili beans in chili gravy
      9 T  Picante sauce
     15 oz Corn tortilla chips
      4 c  Cheddar; grated
      1    Avocado
      1 T  Lemon juice
  1 1/2 c  Sour cream
      1 T  Onion; grated
      4    Scallion; with top, chopped
      1 c  Olive, black pitted; chopped
      1    Tomato; chopped

  Preheat the oven to 400 F.  Mash the beans with one-half cup of the
  picante until well mixed.  Grease two 9" x 13" baking pans.  Place
  half the chips in each pan, then spoon the bean mixture over them.
  Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.  Bake for about minutes or until
  the cheese is melted and beans are bubbling.

  Meanwhile, peel, pit and mash the avocado, then mix it with the lemon
  juice, 1/2 cup of the sour cream, the grated onion, and 1 tablespoon
  of the picante.  Garnish the nachos with the guacamole you just made,
  the remainder of the sour cream, scallions, tomato, and olives.

                            NACHOS (CAMPBELL)

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Snacks

   1       cn           Campbell's Condensed Cheddar
                        -Cheese Soup (10.75 oz)
     1/2   c            Salsa
   1       pk           Tortilla chips (10 oz)
                        Chopped tomato
                        Sliced green onions
                        Sliced Vlasic or Early
                        -California pitted ripe
                        -olives
                        Chopped green or sweet red
                        -pepper

  Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 5 minutes.

  1. In 1 1/2 quart saucepan, combine soup and salsa.
  Over low heat, heat through, stirring often.

  2. Serve over tortilla chips. Top with tomato, green
  onions, olives and pepper. Makes 6 servings.