Thanks to all who responded to my question about custom mouse pads.  As
always, y'all are the best!  Here are the responses:

We just designed custom mousepads with the school's mascot on it.  We
had them produced by MicroStore, Inc.  We found out about them in a
computer magazine.  Their online address is:
        http://www.microstore-mousepads.com/OrderProducts.html

After numerous phone calls asking for details about what graphics
program to use, what format to save to, etc.  (The telephone contact
person, Mary Ellen, 1-800-962-8885 was very helpful and patient.)  We
designed the logo and ftp-ed it to their server. Later they contacted us
for a paper copy (seems they thought the digital version was jagged).
They followed up with a fax copy of the actual size of the mousepad.  We
approved the design and voila'  The new mousepads arrived today and they
look great.  We are very happy with the product and the service.

Also, they sent us sample mousepads so that we could decided what type
we wanted to order.  Good luck with your search for custom mousepads.

_______________________________
Try asking at an award supplier.  The ones that do trophies for the little
league and business promotional items.  There is probably one in your town.
_______________________________

Many of the companies that customize t-shirts, uniforms and other
team apparel  do mouse pads now.  Also, I found a great place in a mall in
Evansville, Indiana near my home that is selling mouse pads and a few other
personalized items for Christmas.  They were so cute I bought one for my
District Technology Coordinator.  I would guess that some other malls would
do the same thing.
________________________________

C+Plus
PO Box 227
Highland, MI 48357

They do a nice job!
__________________________________

I came across this site while I was looking for something else.  The stated
mission of this site, is to track down FREE things on the the Internet that
teachers would be interested in!
http://www.kalama.com/~zimba/freeforteachers.htm

One of the items is Customized mouse pads!  Free Mouse pade for your School
http://www.gomouse.com/schools/index.html>
_____________________________________

JanWay Company
11 Academy Road
Cogan Station, PA  17728
800-877-5242
fax 570-494-1350
www.janway.com

I saw her at the NYLA (New York Library Association) Conference last week.
She deals in promotional and custom items.  She has some very neat
ideas,.....
_____________________________________

My husband had mouse pads made for me from the little booths in the
shopping mall.  they were of my children and he gave them to me for
Christmas.  Someyears he gets it right!!!
___________________________________

Customised mouse pads can be purchased at CPlus -
www.cplusinc.com
248 889-8251
Fax 248 889-89-8927
Sally Brush
It is in Michigan - maybe they can direct you to someone more local.
____________________________________

In the last issue of FAMILY PC Magazine on page 103 was
instructions to create a personalized mouse pad.  Go to site
www.pix.com and click on the gifts section.  Choose mouse pad.
____________________________________

You probably have your answer by now, but try Wal-Mart or Eckerds (if you
have this) photo sections.  Probably anywhere that develops film can tell
you.
_________________________________

I saw your question on LM_NET.  I'm from Oklahoma, so I don't know if you
have Walgreens in North Carolina or not, but if you do, you can get them
there.
_________________________________

Kinko?  or another place that offers personalized promotional items such
as t-shirts, mugs, etc.
________________________________

We had some made last year by a local t-shirt shop.  They turned out
really nice.
_______________________________

This company is located in Anchorage, AK, but I believe they ship anywhere.
Off the Wall
www.custommousepad.com

_______________________________

Most copy shops such as Kinkos, will make customized mouse pads if you have
the graphic -- color photographs, and such.
________________________________

Call local printers or office supply companies.  Tell them what you want
and see if they have done them before.  Ask to see examples.  The company
I used was in Baltimore and they did a very nice job.  Some of the pads
are starting to come apart, but this is after 2+ years of heavy use.  We
paid about $3.50 a pad when we ordered 300.

_______________________________________

Call local printers or office supply companies.  Tell them what you want
and see if they have done them before.  Ask to see examples.

Eckerds, Best Buy, any photographic supply place

Thanks again!

Stephanie L. Fiedler, M.L.S.
Media Coordinator
Swift Creek Elementary School