This person isn't an illustrator but she's a fantastic presenter. She visited
my K-5 school and did presentations to all grades. Her name is Jane Kurtz and
she has written a number of picture books as well as 2 novels. I worked with
her extensively online for a couple of years before we finally got to meet.
She lives in North Dakota but grew up in Ethiopia, the daughter of
missionaries, so she has a most interesting background. I highly recommend
her. She has a web site at:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5232/index.html

As long as I am recommending her, I'd like to mention a new book that she and
Toni Buzzeo (a LMS from Maine) have just published. It is called Terrific
Connections with Authors, Illustrators and Storytellers. The table of
contents, introduction, and
first chapter are posted at the Maine Association of School Libraries website
at:

http://www.maslibraries.org/authill/tc_toc.html

This book is an incredible guide on how to connect with authors, illustrators
and storytellers using email, school visits, cyberspace chats, and snail
mail. Ideas are given for how to choose the best person for your needs and
for how to make the most of your connection with that person. It is geared
for bookpeople who appeal to grades K-5. If you are interested, Toni welcomes
email at

buzzeocyll@mix-net.net

Hope this is of some help.

Laura Manthey, Library