I have a humanities teacher doing a very nice project with students.  They
have to take a religion and research some basic family type customs related
to that religion, then present this to the class.  They have to do it
visually (cannot do it on Powerpoint - not because she doesn't like
powerpoint but because she feel that they have over relied on powerpoint).
They have been looking at marriage, death, divorce, birth and comming of
age customs.  The final result will be to discuss how much similarities
there are rather than differences.

We are stuck on comming of age ceremonies for the islamic faith.  We have
searched my print resources,( Encyclopedias, country books, almanacs, the
religion section)  my cdrom network resources (SIRS, Newsbank, Wilson Disk,
Exegy)  and the internet.  We can find LOADS about the five pillars of the
faith etc.  We have not been able to find and answer to the question as to
when a child is considered and adult in the Islamic faith, and if there is
any ceremony to commemorate that.   As an alternative, we could use
information about adult status and comming of age ceremonies in an Islamic
country.

Can anyone help.

Much thanks in advance.