Just to clarify the tape "thing"....my cassette tapes are produced with
authorization from the National Library Service division of the Library of
Congress specifically for the use by blind or physically handicapped
individuals.  These tapes won't be used by individuals who visit regular
libraries or bookstores and they are not available to anyone other than
patrons who use those libraries that serve the blind or physically
handicapped.  I have not listened to the tape (but will this week) because
either someone has indicated that the book is for elementary students (in
speech on the tape or in braille on the cassette box) or my student is
making an excuse not to read this book.

I was just wondering if there were some changes in the text or if someone at
NLS made a decision that this was for a specific grade level (which they
usually do when they produce these materials).  I now have all three print
copies but must fight those students who are reading them in order to get my
chance to read!  (I'm reading our Sequoyah Books in hopes that I can divert
their attention at a booktalk and then "steal" Harry from an unsuspecting
student!)

I can still "book talk" this wonderful title and probably win the students
(high school) over with the fact that "everyone's doing the Harry Potter
thing"----

Thanks for the clarification...since book covers usually don't sell the
books at my school anyway, I can rest easily, knowing that the text is still
very much the same.  (It's almost nice not to be in a school where you are
able to judge a book by its cover...but tough on the librarian because I
have to read almost everything just to "sell the book!")

Thanks for the insight.

Shonda Brisco
LMS
Oklahoma School for the Blind