One of the biggest problems I have with newspapers, is they are written
so poorly.  As an English teacher, I quit reading the newspaper because
my husband could not see through the red ink :)!  I feel, like others,
that the writer of this article had no other purpose than to upset the
"EVERYMAN".

I recently had a conversation with a man who retired from the Navy.  He
made a very good point.  He said, there is no money in defense any more.
The money now lies with education (I feel even public libraries fall
under the umbrella of education).  When money is involved everyone thinks
they are right.

I agree with Michele, I too find myself in a bind, when it comes to
filters and censorship.  To be open about both issues, we have to let Dr.
Laura say what she wants and appreciate her candor in doing so.  What
bothers me the most about censorship is who  gave Dr. Laura or anyone
else the right to decide what is best for my children (if I had any)? It
would be interesting in finding out if Dr. Laura's rating have increased.
 If they have we will hear more about this issue.

I think our society is riding the proverbial pendulum and we have only
begun to swing to the extreme right.

Terri

Terri Wilson, Library Media Center Director
Corona High School
1150 West Tenth Street Corona, CA 92880
909-736-3454 fax 909-736-3408
mzwil@juno.com