If you have Apollo Overhead projectors at your school I'd appreciate your
opinions.  I have 75 new ones our district purchased on low bid and we are
experiencing a variety of problems.  Some are making a horrible racket
because the fan is rubbing against the top of the stage.  Many, though
quiet, are emitting a burning smell while running.  The bulbs are burning
out within the first hour of usage (damage in shipment?) They hold two bulbs
but were only shipped with one so it will cost us $500+ just to get them
fully loaded ($1100 if all of the bulbs immediately blow.) There are other
problems like focus, dirt behind the lenses, broken stage glass, sticky
on/off buttons, etc.  We've never had this trouble with the 3M projectors
we've purchased, including the 25 new ones I used at another new building in
our district last year.  I've never heard of Apollo, I had nothing to do
with ordering them, but I am stuck with troubleshooting them.  As I work
with the company and our district administration I'd love to be able to be
armed with LM_NET experience.  I've searched the archives and learned a lot
about overheads but the comments about Apollo projectors were 4-5 years old.
Please email me directly, I'll post a hit if there is interest.  Don't you
just love the bid process?

Cindy Dobrez, Librarian
Harbor Lights School
Holland, MI 49424