Thanks to the ones who have replied with information regarding MARC records
for textbooks.  Because several have asked questions with the misconception
that the textbooks and the library books would be housed together, here is
the situation:

*  The library and book depository are actually two separate rooms (about
the same size) but in different parts of the same building. (Anything to
make my life easier, right?)

*  I realize that I can do original cataloging and then produce multiple
barcodes for the same format but I don't want to do ANY cataloging because I
must still change the description fields because I deal with regular print,
large print, and braille textbooks.  If I can download a MARC record, I can
change the formats easily without doing a major "hands-on" search with each
item.

* Yes, my administration realizes that I am only one person---but librarians
deal with books and books are easy to work with right?  What's the big deal?
(Duh!)

* I have a Winnebago Circ / Cat system which is working for me beautifully
in this area but I still want to save time getting books cataloged.  (You
see, one print algebra book is equal to 43 volumes--of 100 pages--of the
book in braille.  If I have ten copies of a braille text to catalog and tag,
I have 430 volumes to touch....and that's just one class!!!  I have six
classes that have new texts and the elementary has three new texts--with
several thousand volumes to touch!!)

***Thanks for the inspiring messages and the information.  I just wanted to
clarify the information so that you can better understand why I don't want
to do all of the "clerical work" at the computer when it's obvious that the
hardest work is the "grunt work" with the volumes!
 ---- :-)

Have a great week!

Shonda Brisco
LMS / Textbook Coordinator